I'd just like to start by saying that God is amazing!! I have had one of the most amazing weekends these last 3 days (and really this whole week). For me, this Renovate conference was probably more powerful than any of the other Renovates we've had. Also, God surprised even me by using me this week to confirm something in someone else's life. And He used another person to confirm something in my life. And He extended my Christ family even more this weekend :) God is just so great!! And before you read this, I'd just like to say that NONE of this is to glorify anything about me or anything that I do. It is ALL meant to glorify the Lord. And I'm just hoping that this will encourage you that God will use you and that He is always active in your life.
At Renovate I wasn't pressing in at first and therefore wasn't really feeling God. But I soon realized what I was doing and as soon as I started to really focus on God it was incredible. I just felt His love sooo strongly! On the second day of the conference they were talking about us getting an accountability partner, which at first I was like "ehh, I probly won't do that" but then God pointed out the person that I needed to have as my partner. And I am so glad that He did :) Before this person, I had never met someone whose testimony is almost exactly the same as mine. Later in the conference, during worship, I felt like God was wanting me to leave the front of the sanctuary and go worship from the table where I was selling shirts. As I got close to the table, I for some reason decided to make eye contact with one of the leaders who appeared to be in a lil prayer huddle. It was totally God's timing that I was there right then. There were 2 girls who wanted to accept the Lord and there was only him and a boy there to pray with them, so he asked me to pray with them too and lay my hands on them. And afterwards I just got to be the big sister, and hug them. It was so, so powerful, and just such a legitimate acceptance of the Lord. One of the girls didn't have a Bible and I was able to get her one (thanks to my big bro Josiah), and now I get to keep her accountable to read it, which is going to def be keeping me accountable to be reading it too. I'm really excited for these girls and I really hope that I'm able to help them with their walk :)
Last week, on 2 separate nights (which also weren't in a row), I had a dream about someone I don't really know that well. I had figured that it was likely a God dream, but I didn't wanna assume anything. I held off on telling this person until a week after the first dream, and even asked about what their life based on what the dream appeared to be about. Well, little did I know that that was going to be the exact day that this person needed to hear what God had told me through this dream. And it was more precise to his circumstance than I had imagined it might be.
A few weeks ago I had a dream that I meant to tell this one person who is a leader in my life, like I was supposed to tell her the day after I had it. I waited 3 weeks instead, mainly b/c I just forgot. When I finally told her the dream, God interpreted it through her. And I know that it was completely right on! And as it turns out, it was basically about what has been going on with me spiritually over the last like 3 months or so, that I had been avoiding talking to her about. But I was really glad that I was able to talk with her about it afterwards :) I was able to just release the burden of keeping it hidden I guess.
Just for fun, I'ma change some names here.Well, there was a person (let's call this person Kik) I met earlier this week, who later in the same day met my youth pastor. Both of us had invited Kik and their friend (who we'll call Raw) to renovate. The friend ended up coming the first night bringing quite a few more friends. Throughout the weekend I got to get to know them better. Today I brought a bunch of my friends to Ignite Church, which is the church that Raw and his friends go to and a church that I go to on occasion. We all got to fellowship with them and build the family bonds :)
This whole weekend I have been filled with so much joy, and I still am. aAnd even in the adversities I am/
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete